Chrysler/Jeep/Mercedes NAG1, 722.6, W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400, Deep Middle Transmission Pan
Please note: this product will take 3-4 weeks to deliver
A Chrysler/Mercedes NAG1, 722.6, W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400, Deep Middle Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. Most of our cast aluminium pans provide extra oil capacity above a stock pan. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pan has the extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling and the more oil you have in circulation the longer your transmission oil will last before deterioration starts to occur, adding an extra 25% longevity to the oil.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of this pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The heavy duty construction of the pan reduces transmission case twist. This will greatly reduce the amount of wear within the valve body, reducing bore wear and sticking valves.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
All orders include: transmission pan, mounting bolts, and magnetic drain plug. A PML gasket is included – stock gaskets will not work with this PML pan.
Volume:2 to 2 1/2 L over stock
Dimensions: Stock Pan is about 1.7 inches and this Deep Middle Pan is about 4 inches tall.
Number of Bolts: 6
Applications for This PML Transmission Pan
PML designed our deep middle NAG1, 722.6 (W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400) transmission pan for:
- Sprinter Vans, 2500 and 3500 with the W5A380 transmission, 2002 to 2013
- Sprinter Vans (Mercedes), 2500 and 3500, 3.0 diesel with 722.6, 2WD, 2010 to 2016
- Some Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, and Mercedes vehicles with 722.6/NAG1, depending on clearance available on vehicle
From about 2002 to 2013 Dodge, Mercedes and Freightliner all made Sprinter Vans with the W5A380 transmission. 2007 and newer models have cross members running across the rear and front of the stock pan. PML put a step in the front and rear of the pan to clear these frame cross members.
T1N Sprinters:2002 to 2006 T1N Sprinters may not have cross members below the stock pan and may be able to use our stock capacity or deep pan.
NCV3 Sprinters:2007 to 2013 NCV3 Sprinters usually have cross members below the stock pan and will need this pan with the steps in the front and back for clearance.
Sprinter with Winnebago:The Sprinter cab and chassis is used under many Winnebago models, such as View and Navion. This pan has been installed on several of these.
HWH Leveling System: We have had a customer report that with the hydraulic jack system by HWH for leveling there is still clearance for this PML pan. The leveling kit is toward the rear of the rear cross member and does not create any additional clearance issues. We had another customer report that the front leveler brace had to be modified to allow the pan to fit. Since configurations vary, check for clearance before ordering.
4WD Sprinters:The drive shaft may be too close to the pan. PML pans have thick walls. Jason tried to install this PML pan on his 2015 Mercedes 3500 Diesel Sprinter 4WD and the side of the pan hit the drive shaft.
Always check your vehicle before ordering to verify set up and clearance.
PML makes three pans for the NAG1/722.6 transmission.Need help figuring out which pan you need? Check out this video or see our NAG1/722.6 Transmission Guide for help.
Read about PML NAG1, 722.6 Transmission Pan Design.
Our thanks to the Sprinter community for their help with this pan design.
We think this pan will fit Mercedes G55 AMG Wagons but have not yet had an installation.
A PML cork and rubber gasket is included (normally $18) for those who prefer a gasket over RTV.
PML’s pan is not compatible with the stock gasket. PML’s gasket is not compatible with the stock pan.
In this video, learn how this PML pan seals to the transmission housing: