Chrysler/Mercedes NAG1, 722.6, W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400, Deep Transmission Pan
Please note: this product will take 3-4 weeks to deliver
A Chrysler/Mercedes NAG1, 722.6, W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400, Deep Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. Most of our cast aluminium pans provide extra oil capacity above a stock pan. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pan has the extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling and the more oil you have in circulation the longer your transmission oil will last before deterioration starts to occur, adding an extra 25% longevity to the oil.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of this pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The heavy duty construction of the pan reduces transmission case twist. This will greatly reduce the amount of wear within the valve body, reducing bore wear and sticking valves.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
All orders include: transmission pan, mounting bolts, and magnetic drain plug. A gasket is included – stock gaskets will not work with this pan.
Volume:1 1/2 to 2 L over stock
Dimensions: About 3.5 inches tall, 1.8 taller than stock
Number of Bolts: 6
Applications for This Transmission Pan
Many Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Mercedes vehicles have the NAG1, 722.6 (W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400) transmission so we has designed three different pans for the transmission.
Some vehicles which typically can use this pan are:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (SRT8, Laredo, Limited, Overland), 2006 to 2013
- Dodge Magnum, Charger, Challenger, 2006 to 2013
- Chrysler 300, 300C with 5 speed transmissions, 2005 to 2012
- Mercedes (several models/years, sound plate may need altering, see Installations below)
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance as configurations vary. Scroll down to the Installations section at the bottom of this page for pictures of vehicles with this transmission pan.
- Cooling ? extra capacity, fins, and aluminium construction for reported temperature drops of 10 to 30 degrees
- Clearance ? step to clear frame
- Drain ? on the side for safety, pan includes magnetic drain plug and mounting bolts
- Secure seal ? machined flat flange, no more retaining clips and formed gasket
- Strength ? high quality, thick walls
PML makes three pans for the NAG1/722.6 transmission.Need help figuring out which pan you need? Check out this video or see our NAG1/722.6 Transmission Guide for help.
A PML cork and rubber gasket is included (normally $18) for those who prefer a gasket over RTV.
PML’s pan is not compatible with the stock gasket. PML’s gasket is not compatible with the stock pan.
In this video, learn how this PML pan seals to the transmission housing:
Filter for PML 722.6/NAG1 Transmission Pan
PML design this pan to work with the stock filter. The Mercedes part number on the filter PML used during design and development is 140 277 00 95. There are filter supports cast into the pan to hold the filter in place at the same level as the stock pan. The filter supports eliminate the need for an extension.
Dipstick and Transmission Fluid Level
The fluid level should be at the same level in the stock pan and our pan. On many vehicles, the dipstick uses the bottom of the pan as a stop. PML pans have a ledge where the dipstick hits at the same level as the stock pan even though the PML pan is larger overall. In the above images of the inside of the pan, you can see the square ledge near the filter supports.
Many vehicles with these transmissions do not have a dipstick and the correct fluid level is based on temperature. The cap for the transmission fluid fill and level check can say “See Dealer”. The installer of a replacement pan needs to have the correct tools to replace the transmission fluid according to the factory instructions. PML does not provide a dipstick.
Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminium with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
All PML transmission pans ship with new mounting bolts and a magnetic drain plug.