Chrysler/Mercedes NAG1, 722.6, W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400, Stock Capacity Transmission Pan
Please note: this product will take 3-4 weeks to deliver
A Chrysler/Mercedes NAG1, 722.6, W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400, Stock Capacity Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. Most of our cast aluminium pans provide extra oil capacity above a stock pan. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pan has the extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling and the more oil you have in circulation the longer your transmission oil will last before deterioration starts to occur, adding an extra 25% longevity to the oil.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of this pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The heavy duty construction of the pan reduces transmission case twist. This will greatly reduce the amount of wear within the valve body, reducing bore wear and sticking valves.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
Volume: Stock capacity to 1/2 L over stock
Dimensions: Stock pan is about 1.6 inches and this Pan is about 2.2 inches tall. Although this pan is stock capacity, the thick walls and fins make it taller.
Number of Bolts: 6
Applications for This PML Transmission Pan
PML designed this 722.6/NAG1 (W5A580, WA580, W5A380, W5J400) pan for:
- Jeep Wrangler 2012 to 2016
- Cars, trucks and SUVs that want a heavy duty NAG1, 722.6 pan with cooling fins and have little clearance
Always check your vehicle before ordering to verify set up and clearance.
PML designed this 722.6/NAG1 transmission pan for:
- Cooling – fins and aluminium construction
- Clearance – only 5/8 inch deeper than stock pan
- Drain plug – on the side for safety
- Secure seal – machined flat flange, no more retaining clips and formed gasket
- Strength – high quality, thick walls
PML makes three pans for the NAG1/722.6 transmission.Need help figuring out which pan you need? Check out this video or see our NAG1/722.6 Transmission Guide for help.
A PML cork and rubber gasket is included (normally $18) for those who prefer a gasket over RTV.
PML’s pan is not compatible with the stock gasket. PML’s gasket is not compatible with the stock pan.
In this video, learn how this PML pan seals to the transmission housing:
Filter for PML 722.6/NAG1 Transmission Pan
PML design this pan to work with the stock filter. The Mercedes part number on the filter PML used during design and development is 140 277 00 95. No tube or filter extension are needed.
Dipstick and Transmission Fluid Level
The fluid level should be at the same level in the stock pan and a PML pan. On many vehicles, the dipstick uses the bottom of the pan as a stop. The bottom of the PML pan is at the same location as the bottom of the stock pan.
Many vehicles with these transmissions do not have a dipstick and the correct fluid level is based on temperature. The cap for the transmission fluid fill and level check can say “See Dealer”. The installer of a replacement pan needs to have the correct tools to replace the transmission fluid according to the factory instructions.