Ford Ranger and Mazda BT-50 Cast Transmission Pan
A Ford Ranger Cast Transmission Pan / Mazda BT-50 Cast Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. The Ford Ranger / Mazda BT-50 6R80 Cast Transmission Pan provides extra oil capacity for the 6R80 transmission. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pans has extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of our Ford Ranger Cast Transmission Pan / Mazda BT-50 Cast Transmission Pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The thick walls of the cast pan are sand-cast aluminium and they add strength to the transmission case. Fractures in the transmission case and bell housing can sometimes occur due to vibration and having a strong cast pan may reduce the risk of such damage.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
Volume: 3L over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 21
This Ford Ranger Cast Transmission Pan / Mazda BT-50 Cast Transmission Pan is a heavy duty, extra capacity transmission pan fits the 6R80 transmission in both Ford and Mazda vehicles:
- Ford Ranger PX1, PX2 and PX3 6 Speed
- Mazda BT50 6 Speed
Configurations vary so always check your vehicle clearances.
Filter and Gasket Information for the Ford Ranger / Mazda BT-50 Cast Transmission Pan
This pan is designed to work with the stock filter and gasket. Filter supports on the bottom of the pan keep the filter in place. The transmission fluid is at the same level with this pan as with the stock pan and the pick up point is at approximately the same as with the stock pan.
A customer provided possible filter part numbers:
- 6R60 filter: 6L2Z7A098AA
- 6R80 deep filter: 7L1Z7A098AA
- 6R80 shallow filter: BL3Z7A098A
For the gasket, a composite or flexible rubber cork gasket will work well with this pan. Hard rubber gaskets with ribs can be easily damaged and leak or keep the bolts from tightening. Some folks like to use RTV but you have to be very careful not to get any inside the pan. The stock aluminium gasket with rubber trim can be used if it is clean and free of nicks.
Drain for 6R80 Transmission Pan
This pan has the drain hole on the driver’s side, near the rear of the vehicle. A magnetic drain plug is included with the pan and all the mounting bolts. The side location is safer since there is less chance for damage than on the bottom. There is still easy access for maintenance.
Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Includes a 3/8 NPT hole drilled and tapped