Ford AODE, 4R70, 4R70W, 4R75W, Deep Transmission Pan
Please note: this product will take 3-4 weeks to deliver
A Ford AODE, 4R70, 4R70W, 4R75W, Deep Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. Most of our cast aluminium pans provide extra oil capacity above a stock pan. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pan has the extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling and the more oil you have in circulation the longer your transmission oil will last before deterioration starts to occur, adding an extra 25% longevity to the oil.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of this pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The heavy duty construction of the pan reduces transmission case twist. This will greatly reduce the amount of wear within the valve body, reducing bore wear and sticking valves.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
Volume: 2.5 L. over stock for AOD transmissions and 2.0 L. over stock for AODE and 4R70, 4R75 transmissions.
Number of Bolts: 14
PML designed this transmission pan for 1981 to 2014 2WD & 4WD Ford trucks and SUVs with automatic overdrive 4 speed transmissions. This pan features extra capacity, cooling fins and strong cast aluminium construction.
The first version of this transmission (the AOD) have one bolt hole in a slightly different location than the 1992/93 and later versions (AODE, 4R70, 4R70W, 4R70E, 4R75E, 4R75W). Be sure to select the correct one when you order.
Cars, such as Mustang and Thunderbird and Lincoln Mark VII, may need PML’s stock capacity pan because many cars do enough ground clearance for a deep pan.
Lincoln Town Cars and limos based on the Town Car have installed this pan. Work vehicles like limousines appreciate the easier maintenance and extra capacity for cooling to extend the transmission life.
Trucks and SUVs, such as F150, Expedition, and Mountaineer, offer more clearance and can benefit from the extra fluid to aid in reducing fluid temperatures.
1992 to 1993 F150 trucks generally have the AOD transmission.
1994 to 2010 F150 trucks, Expeditions and Explorers with the Ford 4 speed transmission generally have an AODE, 4R70, 4R75 transmission.
There are many configurations so please check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance.
Installation Note: On some vehicles, the transmission cross member and mount must be temporarily removed so that you can drop the stock pan and install the PML pan. After installing the PML pan, be sure to reassemble. Thanks to Rick who provided this tip after installing this pan on his 2002 F–150 with the 4R70W transmission.
Shift Lever Note: A customer with a 1967 Ford F-250 TCI AODE transmission noticed that thickness of the PML pan did not allow the shift lever full range of motion. He took the lip back about a 1/4 inch across a 1.5 inch line to get full range of the shift lever.
Filter and Gasket
PML recommends an aftermarket gasket (rubber, cork or similar) designed to work with the stock pan.
Filter requirements for these Ford transmission pans:
- AOD – 4WD (Deep) AOD filter is recommended.
- AODE, 4R70, 4R75 – 4WD (Deep) AODE/4R70/4R75 filters are recommended.
Deep filters have metal pick-up tube.
Information for reference only. Installer should verify appropriate transmission and filter and fitment based on the individual vehicle.