GM 6L90, 6L90E Deep Transmission Pan
Please note: this product will take 3-4 weeks to deliver
A GM 6L90, 6L90E Deep Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. Most of our cast aluminium pans provide extra oil capacity above a stock pan. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pan has the extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling and the more oil you have in circulation the longer your transmission oil will last before deterioration starts to occur, adding an extra 25% longevity to the oil.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of this pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The heavy duty construction of the pan reduces transmission case twist. This will greatly reduce the amount of wear within the valve body, reducing bore wear and sticking valves.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
Volume: 2 1/2 to 3 Ls over stock
Dimensions: The truck stock pan is about 3 1/2 inches deep so the pan is about 3 inches deeper than the stock pan. Note that the 6L80 transmission pan is similar in shape but the 6L80 is shorter at 17 1/2 inches.
Number of Bolts: 18 (there are 20 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 18 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
Description and Applications
This pan was designed for 2007 and newer heavy duty Chevrolet and GM trucks and SUVs. This pan features:
- Extra capacity, fins and aluminium construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
- Step in the back to clear exhaust
This pan fits the GM 6L90, 6L90E transmission, typically found on these vehicles:
- Silverado 2500 and 3500 HD, 6.0L, 2007 to 2017
- Sierra 2500 and 3500 HD, 6.0L, 2007 to 2017
- Suburban 2500, 6.0L, 2008 to 2013
- Tahoe 6.0L, not hybrid, 6.0L, some models starting in 2008
- Yukon HD, 6.0L, not hybrid, 6.0L, some models starting in 2008
- Express Van 2500 and 3500, 4.8L or 6.0L, 2010 to 2017
- Savana Van 2500 and 3500, 4.8L or 6.0L, 2010 to 2017
Note: Trucks and SUVs have a variety of configurations. Look at yours before you order to verify your transmission and clearance. Vans especially should check for clearance.
Cadillac CTS-V, 2009 to 2015, and some new CTS and Camaro ZL1 models have the 6L90 transmission. This pan will fit the transmission but is probably too deep to maintain clearance. We are considering a low profile, stock capacity pan for the 6L90. Also, some of these vehicles need a fill hole on the pan. Let us know if you are interested.
In many cases, you will need to drop the exhaust to install this pan. You would need to drop the exhaust to service the transmission with the stock pan as three bolts are not otherwise accessible. See installation images below that show the routing of the exhaust.
Filter and Gasket Information
transmission pans work with stock filters, easily available from your favorite auto parts store.
Customers have told us that the stock GM filter is “GM Part No. 24236517” and the AC Delco box has part number “24236933”.
Because the pan is deeper than stock, the pan has filter supports cast in. A deeper filter or extension is not needed since the transmission fluid is at the same level with a pan as with the stock pan.
Drain Plug and Bolts
This pan includes a magnetic drain plug and mounting bolts.
The drain is on the driver’s side.
Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminium with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Drain hole and magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
All transmission pans ship with new mounting bolts and a magnetic drain plug.