Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan
A Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan looks great but also provides a range of benefits to your vehicle.
- Extra fluid capacity. The Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan provides extra oil capacity for the 6L50 transmission. The more oil the better the cooling – which lowers your risk of heat related damage to the transmission. This cast pan has the extra oil capacity to provide improved cooling and the more oil you have in circulation the longer your transmission oil will last before deterioration starts to occur, adding an extra 25% longevity to the oil.
- Aluminium construction. Aluminium conducts heat rapidly so that heat is transferred from the oil to the air. Most stock pans are steel which has a lower heat conductivity than aluminium.
- Fins. The fins on the outside of this pan increase the surface area of the pan so there is greater heat transfer into the air.
- Drain hole. Our cast transmission oil pan has a drain hole and plug for easy maintenance.
- Magnetic plug. A magnetic drain plug traps metal particles that would otherwise remain in the transmission oil causing additional wear.
- Greater strength. The heavy duty construction of the pan reduces transmission case twist. This will greatly reduce the amount of wear within the valve body, reducing bore wear and sticking valves.
- Mounting hardware is included. This includes bolts and a drain plug.
Volume: about 1 1/2 to 2 L over stock
Dimensions: The Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan is about 5 inches deep.
Number of Bolts: 17 bolts (there are 19 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 17 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
Applications for the Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan
In Australia this transmission pan suits:
- Holden Colorado and Colorado 7 with 6 Speed Transmissions
Vehicles imported from the USA with the GM 6L50 transmission include 2015 and newer Canyon and models of Cadillac, Camaro Caprice, and Corvette.
- 2015 and 2016 GMC Canyon gas engine
- 2015 to 2018 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Diesel
- 2015 to 2018 GMC Canyon 2.8 Diesel
- 2009 to 2015 Camaro 3.6 (check ground clearance)
- Some Cadillac CTS, SLS, STS (check ground clearance)
- Vehicles with the 6L45 transmission (such as Caprice)
- International vehicles, such as 2012 and newer Trailblazer
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. Configurations vary. Cars may need a stock capacity 6L50 pan.
Benefits of the Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan
- Extra capacity
- Finned to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Drain and magnetic drain plug
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- Heavy duty construction
Stock pan does not have a drain plug, so changing the transmission fluid and filter is a messy procedure. However, our pan has a drain hole on the driver side. A magnetic drain plug is included with the pan.
Interior Filter Supports
The Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan is designed with filter supports. These hold the filter at the same location as the stock pan so no filter extension is needed.
The fluid level and pick-up remain the same with our pan as with the stock pan.
Ground Clearance, Stock Capacity Pan
This Holden Colorado Cast Transmission Pan 6L50 pan may not provide enough ground clearance. Cars, such as Camaro and Cadillacs, would probably need a pan closer to the stock depth. Trucks with skid plates or modified trucks may also need a pan closer to stock depth.
Always check carefully for clearance.